Monday 3 November 2008

My first post!: Alota bugs for christmas

Here's my first play with the fab goodies I got from Bryony at the weekend, hope you like it! Materials (all highlighted items available from the shop, just click on it to take you to site):

  • Image: 'bugs decorating christmas tree' Alota stamp (the little bug in corner of card is supposed to be adding the star at the top of the tree but I've cut him out and moved him)
  • Colouring: Promarkers, then highlighted tree and some bits with twinkling H2o's. Added diamond glaze to popcorn, wings and baubles and glamour dust over the baubles and wings whilst still wet. The whole image has been matted with scallop oval and is raised with 3d foam for added dimension.
  • Papers: 'peppermint' DP from Basic Grey 'figgy pudding' range
  • Tools: petite scallop ovals nestabilities, Martha stewart train border punch
  • Others: Base card is pearlescent green cardstock I've had in my stash for years. Brads, ribbons also from stash (think they are Papermania or Dovecraft and are also available from the shop)

I love this stamp, it's so big and detailed but actually doesn't take long to colour in at all and I just love all their cute reflections in the baubles.

I'm going to try and post once a week on here but don't hold me to it o.k?! ;)

5 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Oh Fran, this card is gorgeous, I love the Alota bugs and am so glad that I'll get my hands on them from Silly monkey shop, just beautiful.x

Deb Wood said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!! Love everything!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what a stunning card so cute Fran ,well done ,Dawnxx

Emma said...

How adorable....I love the card. I need to have a look in your shop I think!!
Emma x

Mrs Mac said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you did the close up pic because I am sitting here without my glasses on and was trying to work out what on earth was on the tree! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!