We are finally ready to fill our vacant 3rd spot on the Silly Monkey Crafts design team and are beginning our DT call today.
We are looking for anybody who can create inspiring and beautiful work, no prior design team experience is necessary.
The successful candidates will receive a kit each month to base their work on and the remaining stash and their work will remain theirs to keep. DT members will also receive 15% discount on our website.
Every month you will be expected to produce cards, layouts and/or special projects of your own choosing. The images will be placed on our website gallery but you will also need to post these to our blog, along with details on how you created your work.
We are looking for fun and varied team so we want applicants from across the crafting spectrum so we are not specifying card-makers or scrapbookers only - this is your chance to showcase your creativity. We welcome applications from worldwide crafters
DT members will also be expected to take an active role on our blog.
This DT call will operate in rounds and round 1 will be made up of a sketch challenge plus some 'about me' supporting info.
Nikki has kindly designed us a sketch for you to follow and base your entry on. We are all looking forward to seeing what you do with the sketch and how you interpret it.
Please can you also send us some information about you so we can get to know our applicants a little better
- Your name, interests and general infomation about you.
- Your email address
- A short craft bio - how did you get into crafts? which crafts do you enjoy the most?
- Crafting achievements - Has your work been published? Are you on any Design Teams? Have you won anything? (Please note that you will not be judged on this, it will simply allow us to get a better picture of you, so please do not be put off if you haven't yet been published or picked for a DT)
- Online - If you have a blog please include the link and if you use online forums we would appreciate a link to any gallery work.
- Any other info you think might be useful
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your 'about me' info along with an image of your entry using the sketch to DT@sillymonkeycrafts.com.
Entries must be received by 5pm GMT on Friday 26th September 2008. We will not be able to consider any entries received after that time.
We will announce which applicants have made it though to round 2 of the DT call via the blog on Sunday 28th September.
Please note that we will be showing the entries for successful candidates so if you are not happy for your work to be shown if you are successful then please let us know.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your creations